Friday, October 14, 2005

Re-trato de Familia


Yesterday in art class, we had a speaker instead of drawing. His name is Jaime Permuth. His (and his father's and brother's) art is being shown in the gallery at UTPB right now.

He was really interesting. His family is from Guatamala and he lives in New York city now. He and his father and brother each have about ten pieces in the exhibit. It's called Re-trato de Familia.

He also has a series of photos at The Jewish Museum in New York for the The Jewish Identity Project: New American Photography exhibit. He showed us his photos on his computer via one of those thingies that projects the computer screen on to the wall. The photos were very interesting. The exhibit will be traveling, so if it's in your area, I recommend seeing it.

I joined myspace.com today. I heard Kidd Kraddick talking about it this morning. So, surf on over, and if you're not psycho I'll add you as a friend.

I'm glad it's Friday. I don't have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow morning. I need to clean house this weekend. My husband is getting a new job and we're going to need a baby sitter when I'm in class. So, if there's going to be a semi-stranger in the house, I want it to be clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home